Sunday, October 20, 2013

My last Feast in Ghana

 

My last Feast in Ghana

P1060060Mercy and JaLem making rice balls for the ground nut soupl

 

P1060063Papee  is making the ground nut soup.

 

P1060072Field has just been picked and

corn dropped off so the men get together and shuck the corn.  That is

my bedroom window where the green leaves and ground nuts are stacked.

My room smelled good when I went inside.

P1060062Corn corn they will dry it in the sun

then they will push the kernels off then it will go to mill to make flour.

P1060071Parents are busy so we will take water

sachets fill our mouths full of water and spit at you.  See the cooler in the back

that will be full of food for the feast when they finish cooking.

P1060075Everyone in the kitchen waiting to

eat and sneaking bites.  Sounds like Thanksgiving at home.

P1060076Kids waiting for dinner

to be ready.  Peter in back got food somewhere but they did

not want him to share they were waiting……

Everyone had a wonderful Sallah and my last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment