Thursday, July 14, 2011

Studying Twi

I have gotten the written text and the MP3 downloaded of the language TWI-pronounced Chwee- That is how I am learning the language is verbally.  The written language is hard to pronounce.
I listen to a lesson play it again and try to say the words with them - oh my!!!

For example: Please = Mepa wo kyew = Me pa chow
                      Yes = Aane = A knee

I use to be good at memorizing but I am not sure with this.  Anyway I have all kinds of cheat sheets and on tape - Jack says to sleep with the tape going boy that would be great but ..... - I will try it!!! Ha! 

Wish me luck - Ese se mesua adee - es set set me seum ade a (in case you need me to interpret it is I need to study!)                  

1 comment:

  1. a very dear friend of mine spent 2 months in ghana--but it was about 10 years ago. i will be more than willing to get you two in contact with one another; just say the word! she LOVED it there and still keeps in touch with everyone she met (her host family, especially)...such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete