Friday, May 11, 2012

And on…..

P1020247Here is a compound that has “melted” away from the rains.  I am thinking someone boosted the roof so the animals could get shade during the day. You can see the door to the room so at one time there was 4 sides and entrance.

P1020249 You can see where the mud bricks have ‘MELTED’ as the summer rains came sometime back. 

 

P1020257Picture looks right out of the 1800’s in the USA. The plow was held by the back man trying to stay in a straight line, while the man in front keeps the cows going the right way. 

 

P1020259Notice the tree branch he has in his hand to use as a whip to make he cows keep going.

 

P1020262This is an older lady with a pick sort of thing in her hand, poking a hole, putting in seeds with other hand, then covering the hole.  The whole family was out working the field.

 

P1020264The brown bowl is like a gourd and they use it for everything.  This am I ran into some ladies taking a break from work drinking Pieto *like home made beer”from the bowl.  That is the instrument she uses to dig, plant etc.

P1020266Here is a picture of the family plot most are 1 to 2 acres with the whole family out.  There was a small boy to the right but he ran.

 

Things are getting green with the rains we have been having.  Some are starting to plant others want to wait but there is lots of activity from the time the sun comes up about 5 until about 11 am when it gets so hot.  Some will work around 4 until dark about 7 pm.  To show how out of it I am I had a visitor waiting outside for me at 6:50 am.  My landlady woke me to tell me, but I elected not to see him until later.  I think it was a teacher that is also a farmer that wants me to get his soil tested.  We will see if he shows up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment