Wednesday, August 17, 2011

GETTING THINGS LEGAL!!!


First if anyone is reading this going to Ghana Oct. 4 please contact me.  Know only one other at this time who is going.

Got all information needed from my bank.  When I told my bank officer what I was doing she looked at me and said her brother was a big man in Barclays's bank in Africa.  She contacted him to ask questions I had like credit card, debit card etc.  He happened to be home when she called and he was very happy to answer questions about money in Africa.  The bottom line cash is king.  Debit card is used to get cash and credit cards are very hard to use.  Going back to the old ways!!!  He also got me in contact with a banker in Accra so I have someone to call if I need help.  Nice security blanket.

Next Social Security.  Next year I turn 65 but don't need my medical to start since Peace Corps is taking care of me (of course Medicare won't take care of me in Africa.)  After lots of information went to take care of it today dragging an unwilling Jack with me.  Guess what?  The young girl took care of everything and Jack did not need to go....she says sometimes people at 800 # don't get it right Duh you think???

Now it is back to the stacks in my room .... order a few things from REI then going back over the list again!!!

Getting closer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara - I'm in your group! I'm delighted to make contact with someone at last. I'll be a Natural Resource Advisor...how about you?

    I'm trying to work through my paperwork and deal with the rest of my life. Got my Yellow Fever shot today.

    ReplyDelete