Wednesday, September 21, 2011

13 More Days

I am stressing out about my packing.  When I roll it is good, but what if I can't roll?  So I pick them up and try to carry one - can go from one side of my bedroom to the other side but THAT IS IT!!!  My scales say it is less than 40 lbs but my shoulder says get a new scale. Ha!!

Having fun meeting friends for lunch or yoga or a glass of tea with lots of talking.  Have had two people hear about me from friends and they are calling asking about PC and wanting information.  Both are a little younger than me.  Lots of people looking for something full filling in retirement.

Have made a couple of professional contacts (through friends) in Ghana.  They are emailing to try and get us together while I am still in Acura.  It's exciting that I have someone to contact to get local information - one is at the Univ another is at the Bank.

Making lists of things that have to get done each day then checking them off.  Hoping nothing is left undone like something legal for Jack.  Don't think he will come get it from me.  Ha!!!

Our staging event is taking place in downtown Philadelphia.  Hopefully I can fit in a walk to see a little something while I am there.  I am glad we are downtown since I have never been to PA.

Got my new computer today and trying to get it all straight for what I need.  I took my old one down to almost nothing except internet so I can teach Jack how to get my blog, or emails.  13 days may not be long enough but maybe enough to get him started. then he can ask friends to help from there.  He retired before computers were in all offices and he wasn't interested in what we had in our office so he is really behind.

Need all the good thoughts you have that the next 13 days will go smoothly and I am able to get everything done.

1 comment:

  1. do you have a big backpack? double strapping it over your shoulders could help distribute weight better than hauling a suitcase-type-thing...
    so excited for you!
    anything else you could use? let me know!

    ReplyDelete