Friday, September 23, 2011

TWO MORE WEEKENDS OH MY!!!

Had lunch today with a wonderful  friend from my kids High School Days.  It took us 3 hrs and our husband's kept calling so we had to leave.  She has just moved back to town and I regret we will have to wait 2 years to get our friendship rolling again.  Thank you Darlyn for a wonderful afternoon.

Last night had dinner with some great friends.  They have hiked with me in New Mexico including at least twice that we have been lost thank goodness for water and snacks Ha!!, yet they still come back for more hikes.  True friends.  She has been to see some great and not so great foreign movies with me and some good talks over lots of dinners.  Thank you Barbara and Harry for lots of good times.

Had lunch with a friend that I do yoga with.  Got to know each other better in our love of travel - had to leave after the 5th glass of ice tea got to us!!! Ha.  Thank you Lynn for a nice lunch.

Went to the lake with Lisa and Ron for a birthday dinner for Cole.  The Mcguires, Seaches, and lots of Grandkids were there. Ron fixed my favorite ribs and he was so sweet to make sure I had plenty before the "group" arrived to the table.  Great Times.  Thanks to all of you for a good Sunday.

Bunco Monday was great with EVERYONE there.  Not only was I the biggest losser but I got to visit one on one with everyone.  Could not have been better.  They gave me an album with a group picture to start it and an Amazon gift certificate for my kindle.  What a thoughtful gift.  Thank you all for a wonderful evening.

The weight is coming on with all the good meals but the talks, memories and laughs have been the best.


I have shown a couple of friends my vest.  Thought I would show ya'll.


Here is the vest like I will wear everyday. zipped like a regular vest
Here is the insides.  EVERYTHING that is in my purse - ipod, telephone, id,travel papers, magazines, ipod or kindle (will fit an ipad), camera, glasses, wires in the jacket for any ear plug needs, It is so cool plus not hot.  Its called a scottivest.


 Here I am with the backpack in place (with all stuff for Pa. and 1st night in Ghana) including my pillow dangling from the side.  Not heavy yet. What about my yoga mat - guess that will have to added.  Balanced on my back-that I used hiking in France for the 3 weeks I went with the girls.
Okay now I have a vest, backpack and all the paper work and my computer PC says I need to bring including my mamogram film.  Beginning to look like a pack mule.

This is all good but tomorrow I add the weight of the duffel bags - pulling as much as possible but what if I have to carry them?  What about my water filteration system PC gives me, what other papers will I carry?  Oh the questions without real answers.  Of course this is all while I am wearing a skirt and shirt with sleeves so there is HEAT to consider. 

 Yes this adventure is met with an open mind and a giggle in my heart.  Only 9 more days until I will know some of the answers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment