Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Eating out in Burkina

FIRST I forgot the name of the restaurant.  I am hoping someone that was with us can fill that in for me.  The lady, Elaine, that invited me to the fair wanted to thank all the volunteers and staff that helped with the fair.  I was included and loved it.  Eben and I got there first - we walked from Paul's house, the PC Director of Training, and we got there on American time.  American time not African time is what we always ask when asking for a meeting.
 
This is the table that sat us and I had to look around before I could sit still because it was so exotic looking. 
 
 
 
 
Here I had to take a picture of the ceiling because it was all beautiful rugs.  The colors and designs were wonderful.

 
Here is the table full and you have to look back and on the right to see me.  We had two buyers with us and was very interesting listening to their travels and business dealing with importing.  Harper is a young women that has been doing her textile importing from Guatemala and is expanding into Africa now.  She takes the textiles and makes products of her own design in  Guatemala.  Her website is Proud Mary Textiles, beautiful things.  The other buyer was Mathew, a French man that has moved his family to New York to experience doing business in the good old USA!!!  His experiences and views were very interesting.  Besides all that he paid for the wine all night so you can imagine what wonderful wines we had and after dinner drinks.  Good thing Eben and I were walking and not riding bikes. Ha!!! 


Yes, that is beautiful white sand that is the FLOOR!!!! You could take your shoes off and play like you were at the beach.  Don't ask me how they keep it clean and smooth but.....

 
I loved my time in many different ways in Ouagadougou (pronounced Waa ga dew)
I loved meeting people even those I had to try and say I did not know French, the business experience, the food, and sooo many new friends. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment