Friday, November 11, 2011

Bus Riding in Ghana

I just wanted to tell you about the wonderful trip trying to get to Techiman.  We left Gussie about 8 am in a tro with 4 people to a seat and that does not count if the children are sitting on my parent lap.  So in this van there was 16 adults and 3 children.  We rode to the Bus Station to catch a bus to Techiman that left at 9:45 am.  We rode until 12 thinking we would stop well we did but it was to let a lady in the middle out to go to the bush to relieve herself.  We traveled about another hour wondering if we would ever get to Techiman when it started to rain. 

The rain was nice and cool until it started coming in the windows and then the roof fell in and the rain and rust came in full steam!!!  Everyone moved around to try and help those getting wet.  All I could think to do was laugh.  I made sure my backpack was in my lap to protect then just shook my head.

We were ready to go to the monastery when we called to verify and found out we need to stay on the bus and go to bus station in Techiman.  We finally got there at 3:30 so our 3 hour trip took 5 hours.  We thn had to catch a taxi to the hotel where we got to meet up with our whole group.  It has only been a week but it seems so much longer since we had seen each other.  Had a beer and talked and talked about what had happened this week.  Such fun!!!

Bus travel is NOT ANY FUN and I sure do have a long way to go when I want a day off work!!!

Will write more later.  Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment