Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reception at Site

My reception at the site I went to look at was unbelievable but lets back up: At 4 am we left the hotel for the bus station.  All went smooth until we got ready to get on.  Oh my gosh we had tickets with numbered seats and still the pushed to get on was unbelievable. The loud voices even a verbal fight between the bus driver and another person.  People brought unbelievable things on the bus to be put under seats, in the aisles and people put their feet on it or sat on it.  This one lady must have shopped for her business and brought all her products on.  I guess this is the reality when no one owns a vehicle and has to use public transportation everywhere. Everything is worn through and dirty.  My luggage looks like it was drug through the dirt top and bottom. Oh yeah once piece now has a hole in it.  Will have to duct tape it when it gets moved next.  When I get back to Jennifer’s I will have to find a brush and clean it.

We went to the market at the bus station ate lunch and Olivia brought some items.  We got a taxi over here to Nyariga with a tied up goat and 3 passengers.  When we drove up to Olivia’s house the women were all waiting from the women club.  They sang and welcomed us here then danced a number of dances inviting me in to dance with them.  It then moved into the courtyard and continued until about with the addition of apparently a local boy “done good” that was our musician.  Spoke with a few people and tried out my language a little.  Still embarrassing to talk out loud.  In my room I sound good.

My room I will talk about to you when I know a little more.  It still does not have electricity and of course I am sure it won’t happen here because they are so far from any exsiting line.  

No comments:

Post a Comment