Friday, November 25, 2011

Outside of Bolagatanga

We arrived here after a 9 hr. PC van ride.  We had a/c sort of so it was not to bad.  There were 15 of us in the van shoulder to shoulder, everyone had in their ear plugs, music and some were even reading.  You know me I watched out the window and tried to sleep a little.  The terrain went from lush green to wild grass and trees to basically flat farm land. 

The retreat we are at , called Spiritual Retreat Center, is very nice.  A little rolling hills with grass and trees.  I think they must have been here a while and have made it into this nice quite place.  They have long bldgs. with about 10 rooms each and they are placed over the property.  They have an out door chapel on the hill and the trail leads to the stations that Catholics here walk to.  It is very peaceful but now that it is noon it is very HOT!!! and I am in my room under the fan.  A group of Trainees walked into town.  I knew I would not make it so I stayed behind.

Our training was very interesting in Techiman but I am having to rethink a lot of ideas that I have because we still have to work basic on a lot of our projects.  I just hope that I can find out what I am going to do about my site.  I met some people that have come up here to buy baskets and take back to the US to sell.  They have been doing this for a number of years.  I asked how they got things to the states and they said on suitcase is set up and they wet the baskets and then push them in the suitcases until it is full.  I would love to send some home just need to find out how much it will cost or maybe wait until I come home and just load up a suit case and leave everything else here.

I will add pictures of this area.  Enjoy

 

P1010310P1010315P1010312

IMG_5704IMG_5703P1010299

P1010297P1010301P1010306

Outdoor church here at the Retreat is the 1st 3 pictures

Second 3 pictures is our outdoor classes in composting, tea making from manure (yes cows shi…) Bunny rearing they are so cute but I don’t like they killed one for us to have for lunch did not taste bad though.  They are sorting eggs, Erika this is what would happen if you got more chickens, Ha!!, and yes that is my feet.  I have worn my sandals so much I now have a tan.  Roxie don’t look at my toes I have not been doing them Ha!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment