Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sunday Church

Sunday at Church

I got ready for church and the 3 girls came to get me.  One of the girls carried my bag. I wanted my fan and the kids love it but I do not want it to get broken.  It has been a life saver a number of times and I have only been here a month.   We walked to church down the paths and it took about 20 minutes.  I was warm when I got there but with the windows open I got a little breeze.  It was a little singing and praying then the girls showed me the bible, in English, where the message was being given.  They were all so sweet to try and keep me up with what was going on.  The church is held in the school since they are in the process of building a new church.  My host John is the pastor but they had about 3 men speak before he did.  His daughter and son sat beside me and tried to keep me up.  The ladies danced and requested that I dance but I am to self conscious to try in the front of the church.  The first night I did dance.

There is a little neighbor girl all dressed up – 5- that danced for us and Michael -3- kept looking to make sure I was watching him dance.   He is my shadow he even walked home from church with me holding his hand.  He is funny and even when I can’t understand him he makes me laugh.  He is a mimick for everything I say.  He spent the day with me out under the tree only place to get a little breeze and be cool.  I spoke with John’s brother as he and his wife were making baskets.  Amazing how fast they are.  The wife was making a purse and was doing the bottom in navy can’t wait to see it finished.  He was making a laundry basket.  Michael is their only son and he makes them laugh also.  Michael’s Dad asked him to get him a drink.  Michael had to walk the length of the house go around front, go to the “kitchen” in the back of the house, get the water in the cup, get another cup for his Mother and then walk all the way back.  His Dad took his cup and drank it down.  Michael looked at him and in Fra Fra told his Dad he was not going to get him another one when he drinks it so fast. Ha!!!

I have to draw a map of the village for PC to use in an emergency-think I will have John draw it and put in the different  places – you know the only real places  Health Clinic, Mother’s Club, and the Craft Center – then mark the house off so if there is an emergency they can find me.  GOOD LUCK!!! Unless you meet someone and know Johns name.  He is VERY well know in the village and I am sure someone could find us. 

Chickens drive me nuts.  They are all over and poop everywhere.  It gets cleaned up in the am but until then it is all over.   They sweep every am and things are put in place.  But you know me with animals not very good.  I like them at a distance and that damn rooster kills me with the crowing!!!!

It is 5:30pm and finally getting cool outside in the shade.  The sun is almost down and getting dark.  We are having a vegetable tonight – looks like a zucchini or squash and it is called cucama and they are making it into a soup.  Will report on it later. NEVER got the vegies rice again!!!!

Going to Bolga tomorrow and hopefully meeting up with a PCV that lives in the area.  She is opening a office there and she needs the other PCTrainees names that I have.  She is also going to help me with the logistics of living where I am suppose to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment