Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pictures from my life in Nyariga

P1010640Could not stand the bangs any longer.  Cut a little short but will be okay.  I had women coming off the street when they saw me getting my hair done.  No no please do not cut your hair it is so pretty, the color is real?, and I wish my hair was straight like yours.  All women same all over never happy with what we have.

P1010643This is Brenda.  She is terrified of me.  She starts shaking and screaming when I come near.  She did take a piece of banana from me but ran to the corner as fast as possible.  Will be harder to get her friendship but it WILLL happen.

P1010644This is Patience, my newest friend.  This is a picture of her shop she wanted me to take and show you.  She has two small children that did not get in the picture.  The yellow water can is my official chair.  She has invited me to eat.  Yes she sells straight black hair the girls sew into their corn rows.

P1010645This little girls lives a little ways behind my house.  This was her 4 or 5th load of water on her head this afternoon.  She sat by me for a while and we worked on English and Fra Fra.  She helped me carry one of my buckets this afternoon.  She told me she would come help me wash my clothes. Notice in the back ground a young man on his way home singing and dancing on his way.

P1010624Market day in our little town.  Yes that is a goat in a tub tied to the back of the bicycle he is for sale.

P1010625Birds tied to the bike handles as they are looked over to see if someone will buy them.  They can ride that way for miles including all the way into Bolga. 

No comments:

Post a Comment