Monday, January 30, 2012

Playing with kids at Bore Hole

It was so hot this afternoon I did things inside and read a lot.  About 4:30 I decided I had to get out so I went out and realized the “neighborhood” was outside by the borehole getting ready to do the wash.  The little girl Brenda that

is so afraid of me was carrying a little can (that hot chocolate comes in) on her head.  When I spoke to her she stopped and pulled her panties out of the can.  She was going to wash also.P1010741Here are the

small girls, Brenda and her cousin washing their clothes under the tree.  They are taught very young to start the wash.

P1010742She was standing like the big girls when I took the original picture but when I asked her to look at me she sat back down.  She does not have any panties on so I am guessing the three pair she had in her can was all her panties.

P1010743Lambert the young man that helps me with Fra Fra and Amena who lives with me were together so Amena’s mother could cook dinner.  She understands the camera now so he is holding her arm so she can not touch.  I think they are cousins.

P1010762Here is a small girl carrying a bucket of water this is her second that I saw her carry.  She is young but she is also doing the washing and showing me how it should go then has to stop to carry water I am assuming for her Mother but I am not sure.  Anyone can be asked to do these chores and they do not argue they just do it.

As Brenda’s mother pumps she has Brenda’s little brother on her back.  The brother likes me also notice he is smiling at me as I take his picture.

P1010759It has really gotten hot in the afternoons and they tell me this is nothing.  I maybe in trouble.  The other day I brought my washing out so I could play in the water.  Today under the shade tree it

was very pleasant.  Maybe spending lots of time under the tree. 

 

Amena and I played this morning and she discovered my skin up close.  She sort of picked my chest and arm and decided it was okay and forgot about it.  Pretty funny.  I taught her to shoo away the goat and birds.  So I guess it was a good day in Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment