Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pictures from my walk

P1010596When I was walking I ran into these two boys with bicycle tires they were pushing and watching them roll.   We were at the junction where the dry season farming is taking place.

P1010598Found this lady next to the road pounding millet and was pouring it over and over so the wind would take out the husks.  All she is suppose to have left with is the seeds themselves which she will pound into flour.P1010599These children followed me down the street.  The little boy next to the girl in green had such an unbelievable laugh.  I would just laugh listening to him.  Notice the herniated belly button.  Soooo many children have them here in the Upper East.

P1010608Here I am practicing my sewing so maybe in the next 2 years I can earn my Certificate to become a seamstress.  Notice we are outside next to the dusty road, the machines are from China, and they have a hand wheel to turn the needle.  I did fix the bobbin on one machine because the girls did not know ho

No comments:

Post a Comment