Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hello from New Tafo

WE have been at a seminar this day Sat. and let us go after our assignments were given.

Let me tell you about homestay.  Family of women Gma, Mother Sister, two dau and niece and nephew. I have elec but water is rain water and outdoor toliet and shower.  They have been very help getting me settled and trying to fix food to please me.  I will take some pictures of my room in a compound. Lots of goats chickens ducks with baby's.  Town is very poor and little shops line the street.  The sell fruit, vegs
shoes, soap TOLIET paper, etc.  People are unbelievably friendly and helpful.  They so want us to do good and have an enjoyable visit.  All the things we have heard of Ghanians has been very true.  We have had a few things not work smooth but it is handled very quickly by PC and the Vol gets what is needed - a fan, a lock on the door etc.

We have been having language classes and I am just having to push myself to use the words.  I do better when I meet the children and we share words.  They do beautifully in English.  They learn but English and Twi in school.

My village has two major streets and then ???? type of streets or walk through someones yard by passing their goats chickens etc. Most homes try and stop you to at least practice your greetings.  I am sure the community wants us to do well because 13 americans from PC is putting alot of money into the town.

My site was announced to day but I have a few questions that have to be answered before I give you any more details.  Hopefully, I will let you know first of next week allllll the details.



I am going to try and get pictures on now lets see..... Lizard, Fellow Austinite Mikey is PCVL in Kumasi His Great Grandfather is where the Edwards Aquifer was named (small world),lunch good,at reception, bus going to reception, Getting plane in Germany.

1 comment: