Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Last Night In USA

Tomorrow we leave for Ghana Can't believe this long wait is here.  We went through orientation today even did a skit which is not my thing but I was the brat that did not want to do without water, electricity, or a real potty.  Here I have been thinking I would not have anything like that so if I got something I would be happy and I was the brat complaining in our skit. 

Our group is so diverse, another woman whose Husband is not going, a gentlemen about my age, another grandma from Houston, a lady that is in her 50's for a second tour with PC, a young man with Master Degree, and a number of just Graduated adventurers.  The best of America as far as I can tell.

Slade made reservations for us (about 24 people) so we could eat together and toast to our adventure.


We had a wonderful dinner but the conversation and toasting was the best.  This group was together all afternoon learning about each other, our reasons for PC, and safety issues.  So we deserved our drinks and good food.

Got to see the edge of the liberty bell to many people in line for us.  Maybe tomorrow.  Still need to pack up for tomorrow so we can go out and see Philly's history again tomorrow.  Ben Franklin's grave is near so we will need to find it.  

Probably won't write until we get to Germany on Thursday so keep good thought for us on our flight tomorrow night.  Going to MISS everyone sooooo much. 

Thanks for all the sweet texts from everyone today.  As soon as I find out cost will let you know my Ghanaian phone number.  ATT wanted me to keep them and I agreed but they had to admit they don't do Ghana and it might be expensive to keep them so they would just charge me for cancelling my account.  Thank  you ATT for not recognizing PC like the military.  Oh Well.

Hopefully, next time will be from Frankfurt, Germany. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment