Sunday, October 2, 2011

Is the Day Before My Life Will Change

Here it is the day before I leave.  Can't believe it was over a year ago I started on this trip.  The Journey starts tomorrow with a flight to Philidelphia. We have our staging on Tuesday and leave for Ghana on Wednesday. 

Finished week out having a belated birthday with my travel partner, friend and my daughters Mother-in-Law.  We had a great talk for two hours on Friday and got everything straight for the next two years. Ha!! Thanks Linda for a good time and watching over my kids and grandkids for me.

Friday went to the last football game for my girls - cheerleader Haley and dancer Sarah.  I will miss watching them during they years in High School.  Hopefully Grandpa Ron will keep the camera running for me.

Last night Bob and Erika had us all over to say goodbye.  They went all out on the food as usual and as much as I loved the steaks and fish Bob BBQ I will miss the wonderful things Erika can do to vegetables.  It is so wonderful how they both love to cook together and the meals they can put on.
Thank you so much for the evening, for this is something I am going to miss.  Love having my family all together.  Thanks Bob and Erika.

All the hugs I got last night are going to have to last a very long time.  I could not pass anyone without hugging them one more time, except of course my Justin who just could not get into it. Ha!!

I am packed - even got Jack to work my bags out so I could pull everything - hopefully even in Africa my wheels will work!!  Got Jack to run the washing machine, dryer and dishwasher one more time - he is diffently on his own now.  Got my last Jack fixed lunch so I guess I am set.

One PVT has tried to get those of us in Philly by 5 pm to go be tourist which will be fun.  Maybe even for awhile Tues. am while we are waiting for the meetings to start.  I will have my phone on me until I get on the plane on Tues. night for last minute calls and then off I go on an experience of a life time.
Please write at my email bblank0728@gmail or leave me a comment - will be needing info from home.

Ghana here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, cousin! What an adventure....We will be waiting for your first impressions of Ghana....Sweet thoughts as you start your trip to Africa! :-)

    ReplyDelete