Sunday, December 4, 2011

Back at Home Stay

After that very long ride on Friday and another time in the bus on Saturday I think all of us were ready to be back at home stay.  The girls saw me coming over the bridge and came running to greet me and take my luggage.  It was a very nice welcome.

I unpacked and got my room straight then took a bucket bath ate dinner and made myself stay up until 8 pm.  I was so tired and hot I put my fan directly on me climbed into the netted bed and did not move until 4:30 am when the roosters started in.

Sunday I was kind of at loose ends.  We have been so set in  a routine that when I had time to myself I did not know what to do.  My friend Linda came over with a magazine she wanted me to read.  We then took off walking towards Suzanne’s house when we ran into Ran and Dawn.  They joined us and Suzanne came out of her room because she heard her doors close at the compound.  She joined us and we walked toward Chris’s house but he did not answer our call so we continued on to Megan’s house.  One of the wife’s would not talk to us and was a little rude so Dawn went in to get Megan.  She came out and we continued our walk to Alex’s house.  He was not feeling to well but we were introduced to his home stay family.  We slowly broke up and went to our homes although Dawn was uncomfortable at her house because so many people had come to the funeral (it was a huge funeral and it lasted 3 days – the dress was beautiful men and women’s but we did not go through the group we just went down a “block” or so.

An aside to our walk – the lady that was not very friendly at Megan’s at about 3 had a baby at 6:30. Yes, she was sitting on the porch in labor and we never even knew it.  

When I came back it was about 10 am and all had left for church but my lunch was waiting for me.  Then Dawn came over to “study” but we did not get much of that done, would say a few words then talk about something.  We took some Medicine to Alex and took him a couple of my crystal light since we could not find Gatorade.  I think we were all a little loss without a schedule.

A lady came into our compound with a huge bucket on her head with bath products, shampoo, deodorant, body soap etc.  I could not believe she could carry all that weight.  It is amazing.  Will try and get some pics for you.

Our taxi ride from Kuku today was really funny.  We walked to the taxi tros tros area and a tro stopped for us and about 8 of us got in.  We got to town and I did not want to stay I was tired and ready to be home.  We found a taxi to Massa but there was 3 women in the back seat and they were not small so Linda and I got in the front where one person was made to sit.  Good thing Linda is so small.  The driver smiled at me and said you don’t remember me –he had driven me before to school.  We started up and pulled out of the taxi area when the car died. He could not start it so he started rolling backwards with everyone honking at him.  He rolled straight to the gas station and the attendant put some gas in.  He looked under the hood and off we were once again.  We started laughing and the driver wanted in on the joke.  We just told him what he had just done would not have been done in the USA.  Then he started talking to us and telling us stories. 

When I got back home my home stay Mom wanted me to go to the dress maker with her.  I was measured and then picked out patterns so see what we could do.  Jennifer picked out the material and I picked out the style with a few changes like pockets Ha!!!  This is the dress I will wear to swearing in so hopefully I can get a pic or two for you.

Bucket bath, flossed teeth and a blog behind me I am off to bed and yes it is only 8:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment