Sunday, December 4, 2011

Life As a Trainee

This post will be mainly pictures so you can see how my morning was.  I got up (never really slept last night) at 5:30. Got ready for school, dressed ate my 3 bananas and a hand full of Barbara P’s walnuts and was ready for my walk to the taxi stand at 7 am. 

This morning when I came out of my room across the court yard was a precious little girl bringing her balls (kind of like a donut that you would dunk in your coffee) for someone to buy.  Then she started walking over the bridge.  I followed behind her to watch her carry the bowl of balls on her head with her little flip flops  (do you think she is about 4?).  I waited until an adult knew her and asked if I could take her picture.  I showed it to her afterwards and she loved it but was a leery of me.  At least she did not call be obruni!!!

 

P1010415Notice the flip flops EVERYONE wears them EVERYWHERE!!

 

So then I walked to the taxi stand and almost everyone was there and there was two taxis ready to go.  So we loaded 4 in one taxi and 3 in the other one and off we went to bump. crunch and pray your back makes another drive in these well maintained Taxis NOT and superior roads NOT!!!  Our taxi came to a stop and started backing up.  Apparently he had lost sight of the other taxi and was trying to see why they were not following.  They were stopped and everyone was looking under the hood.  Another taxi stopped so they decided to put us all in one taxi to get us to town and to school (NOT our idea the drivers idea!!)

 

 

P1010416P1010418

I took the 1st picture from my seat then I handed the camera to Ran and he took a picture.  This is like a hatchback and Linda and Megan was put into the hatch part, Tall Rob, Diana, Dawn and I were on the seat made for 2 1/2 people, then Ran and the driver in front.  And who said 8 people had to go in two taxis??

Diana has a ground nut ball like peanut butter with sand in it-it is in plastic and she bit a small hole in it and is eating it for breakfast.  They are always putting things in plastic and selling it, rice balls, banku, and fu fu.  My homestay Mom puts my lunch in plastic and puts knot in it so the palm oil won’t leak everywhere.

The morning of a peace corps volunteer.  Ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment